At Stage Two the business now growing; the CEO must begin building organizational infrastructure and preparing for stage 3 which begins with the following initiatives:
• Developing clearly define values
• Defining tasks and processes.
• Defining roles and responsibilities for each team member
• Helping team members become specialists in their business functions
• Beginning to think about what specific responsibilities can be delegated and who to delegate to in Stage 3
The Top Five Challenges in Stage Two:
1. Continued Cash Flow Challenges
2. Limited Capital to Grow
3. Hiring Quality Staff
4. Leadership-Staff Communication gap
5. Expanding Sales
The Five Non-Negotiable Leadership Rules for the CEO of a Stage 2 Company:
1. Sell every day, absolutely.
2. Develop, without fail, three employee leaders to be responsible, accountable, and proactive.
3. Create a daily, weekly, and monthly “key indicator” instrument panel/dash board/flash sheet.
4. Communicate any and all directions in writing.
5. Drive small action teams to hit goals.
Coming Next Week:
The Five Challenges and Non-Negotiable Leadership Rules of the Road for CEOs of Stage 3 companies with 20 to 34 employees
Get a Free Stages of Growth Assessment
If you are not yet a subscriber, enter your name and email in the box on the side.